It is challenging to clean outdoor wall lights. The light is high up on the wall, and the dirt can be hard to reach. In simple, a few tips can help make the job easier:
- Use a ladder to reach the light.
- Use a soft brush to dust the light.
- Use a mild soap and water solution to clean the light.
- Rinse the light with clean water.
- Dry the light with a soft cloth.
Following this blog tips will help ensure that your outdoor wall lights is clean and free of dirt and debris.
What you will need
Assuming you are talking about a typical outdoor wall light:
- A ladder
- A screwdriver
- Dust cloth or brush
- Warm soapy water
- A bucket
- A towel
First, you will need to gather your supplies. You will need a ladder in order to reach the light, as well as a screwdriver to remove the light cover. You will also need a dust cloth or brush to dust off the light and warm soapy water to clean it. Finally, you will need a bucket and towel to dry off the light when you are finished.
Now that you have your supplies, follow these steps to clean your outdoor wall light:
- Remove the light cover by unscrewing it with your screwdriver. Be careful not to drop it!
- Dust off the light with your dust cloth or brush. Make sure to get all of the nooks and crannies!
- Dip your cloth in your warm, soapy water bucket, and wipe down the light. Rinse with clean water afterward.
- Dry off the light with your towel, and replace the cover. That's it!
How to remove the light fixture
First, turn off the power to the fixture at the breaker box to remove the light fixture.
Next, remove the screws or nuts that hold the fixture in place. With the fixture removed, you will be able to access the light bulb and socket. To remove the light bulb, unscrew it from the socket. Once the light bulb is removed, you can clean it and the socket with a damp cloth.
How to clean the glass
To clean your outdoor wall lights, you will need the following:
- a ladder or step stool
- a bucket of warm, soapy water
- a sponge or soft cloth
- a clean, dry cloth
It's similar to the above, right? And here are the steps for glass cleaning:
- First, ensure the light is turned off and cool to the touch. Remove the glass globe from the light fixture using a ladder or step stool.
- If the globe is dirty, rinse it with clean water first. Then, please place it in your bucket of soapy water and let it soak for a few minutes.
- Using your sponge or soft cloth, gently scrub the globe until it is clean. Rinse it off with clean water and set it aside to dry.
- Using a clean, dry cloth, wipe down the inside of the light fixture to remove any dust or cobwebs.
- Replace the glass globe and screw it back into place. Turn on your light and admire your handiwork!
How to clean the metal
If your outdoor wall light is made of metal, it will need to be cleaned regularly to maintain its appearance. Here are some tips on how to clean the metal:
- Use a mild soap and water solution to wipe down the metal surface.
- Rinse the surface with clean water.
- Dry the surface with a soft cloth.
- If stubborn stains or dirt on the metal, you can use a mildly abrasive cleaner such as Bon Ami or Bar Keepers Friend.
- Always rinse the surface after cleaning and dry it thoroughly to prevent water spots from forming.
How to reassemble the light fixture
Assuming you have already cleaned the individual pieces of your outdoor wall lights fixture, it is time to reassemble it. Follow these steps to ensure proper reassembly and avoid any issues:
- Begin by attaching the backplate to the wall using the appropriate screws or nails.
- Next, attach the light socket to the backplate. Make sure that the wires are correctly connected and secure before moving on.
- Now, it's time to install the light bulb of your choice. Be careful not to touch the bulb with your bare hands, as this can cause it to burn prematurely. Once the bulb is in place, screw on the glass shade or housing.
- Finally, turn the power to the fixture at the breaker box and test out your newly cleaned and reassembled outdoor wall light!
Cleaning your outdoor wall lights can be a quick and easy process with a bit of elbow grease and the right supplies. Follow the manufacturer's instructions carefully to avoid damaging your lights. Regular cleaning allows your outdoor wall lights to brighten up your home for years to come.